[gdal-dev] [External] : Re: GDAL build on windows failed for FILEGDB driver

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Mar 2 10:50:41 PST 2024

Le 02/03/2024 à 19:36, Fengting Chen a écrit :

> That is what I guessed. But the documentation says:
>
> CURL_LIBRARY_RELEASEÁ
> <https://gdal.org/development/building_from_source.html#cmdoption-arg-CURL_LIBRARY_RELEASE>
>
> Path to a shared or static library file, such as libcurl.dll,
> libcurl.so, libcurl.lib, or other name.

Ah that was misleading indeed. Correction queued in
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/9371

> If I use .lib here, will GDAL link with the dynamic library by default

You need to point to the appropriate .lib: a static .lib if you want
static linking, or an import .lib for dynamic linking. Cf
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8019464/a-static-library-vs-an-import-library-on-the-windows-platform
for example

| or I need to set CURL_USE_STATIC_LIBS=OFF explicitly?

No, this setting is only effective when set to ON (it adds a
-DCURL_STATICLIB define when including curl, and links to a few system
Windows .lib).  You need to point CURL_LIBRARY_RELEASE to the
appropriate kind of .lib given the type of linking you wish. The exact
naming will depend on how curl has been built.