[Ica-osgeo-labs] ica-osgeo lab map update

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 02:53:53 PDT 2013

On 21 September 2013 02:52, Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at ncsu.edu> wrote:
> Luca,

Hi Helena

> just FYI, both our map (created by Vasek and Anna) and your maps are linked right above the Table on the wiki page
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives#2.29_Continue_to_expand_the_ICA-OSGeo_Network

ok, just to know how was possible with the previous version of the
table? he did it by hand?
I created a python script to read the coordinates from the wiki pages
and create the GeoJSON, and we should put it in a daily cronjob (I did
it on my server)

> Vasek added a time slider on the top to see how the network evolves over time.
> http://gis.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/index.php#labsmap
>
> Now we just need the 9 labs that do not have the coordinates to add theirs and quite a few still need to add the links and we will be in a pretty good shape. I hope they are on this list and listening,

My version has the links, so I'll try to keep in touch with Vasek and
merge all the feature in "your" map and remove mine from my server

> Thanks for the update, Helena

you are welcome

--
ciao