[Ica-osgeo-labs] ICC 2015 Abstract submission deadline extended to 22 November 2014

Suchith Anand suchith_anand at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 16 11:52:51 PST 2014

Hi all,

The deadline for submitting abstracts or full papers for the 27th International Cartographic Conference (ICC2015) which will be held from 23 to 28 August 2015 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil has been extended to 22 November 2014.

Please visit  http://www.icc2015.org/call-for-papers.html for more detailed information. I will especially encourage your submissions in T5  theme on SDI, Standards, Ontologies, Data Integration and quality; Metadata, Open Source GIS.

We encourage your participation for the Pre-conference workshop on Spatial data infrastructures, standards, open source and open data for geospatial (SDI-Open 2015) jointly organised by the Commission on Geoinformation Infrastructures and Standards and the Commission on Open Source Geospatial Technologies on Friday, 21 August 2015 at Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGE), Rio de Jaineiro, Brazil. Details at http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2014/09/pre-conference-workshop-on-spatial-data-infrastructures-standards-open-source-and-open-data-for-geospatial-sdi-open-2015/

Also please note that there is a new instrument of ICA Research Scholarships, which may be used for your possible involvement in ICC2015 or the pre-conference workshop of our commission. Details at  http://icaci.org/presidents-blog-ica-research-scholarships/