[Ica-osgeo-labs] GIS in South Africa Secondary Education

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 18 13:43:40 PST 2015

Jeff, Great to hear this info and we will all work together on advancing Open Education principles as it is our responsibility to all our future generations.

btw for those of you who are interested in the UK new National Curriculum, GCSE and A-Level content directives which have emerged from the Department for Education, Adrian has send me the links which are below.

UK National Curriculum -
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/210969/NC_framework_document_-_FINAL.pdf

UK GCSE -
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/301253/GCSE_geography.pdf

UK A-Level -
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/388857/GCE_AS_and_A_level_subject_content_for_geography.pdf

I understand that Ela is confirmed to attend the QGIS Educator meetings in Denmark along with colleagues from GeoAcademy and others and it will be a good opportunity to further expand ideas on this.