[Geo4All] Open Educational Resources on OSGeo / Open Science 101

Adam Steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 04:48:46 PST 2022

Hi Peter -

then we should un-wayback those, or create new ones. In the interest
of using modern open science tools, there's substantial work to do in
deciding to refresh those materials (unwrapping from MS word,
powerpoint etc, rewriting as living, versioned documentation). Maybe
better to start over, there are many resources to draw from on all of
those topics.

if it seems useful, both GeoforAll and the open geoscience committee
can ask for OSGeo to provision gitea infrastructure for those
resources - so it can be a collaborative effort 'in community'.

What does everyone think about that as an approach? An OSGeo community
flavoured set of materials for 'intro to open tools and open science?'

We might be stepping outside our primary reason for existence, talking
about data too much. I think it is OK for us to promote usage of open
standards and proper licenses - because we need those for open tools
to work most effectively :)

Cheers

Adam