[Geomoose-users] Why GeoMoose? (and article request)

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 14 11:34:03 EDT 2009

OpenLayers vs. GeoMOOSE is really a non-competitive scenario.  OpenLayers is looking to provide a library upon which developers can build applications, GeoMOOSE is an application.   Our intention is to give implementors of GeoMOOSE a full-fledged, easy to configure, web-based GIS system.

In fact, GeoMOOSE 2 uses OpenLayers.  We are working on integrating additional layer types into the functionality.   However, newer layer types become additionally complex as we try to make sure that all layer types have the ability to work with all of the services notably printing.

Our goal is to provide a GIS solution for people who want things to work easily "out of the box" while providing an extendable and secure method for deploying, editing, and analyzing their data.