[Geomoose-users] URL parameters

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 10:24:12 EST 2011

Good morning (at least for me, you're probably trying to leave the office about
now)!

GM2.2 doesn't directly support passing in a mapbook parameter as did the 1.X
series.  The reason for this is three-fold:
1) It wasn't a terribly popular functionality.
2) It was a gaping security hole.
3) It requires all of the subsequent services to know they need to switch
mapbooks.

There are some options, and they all center around modifying the getMapbook
function of config.php.  Two popular solutions:
1) Parser the "referrer url" from the HTTP header and get the mapbook parameter
from that.
2) Read a cookie for a login/authorization schema and select the appropriate
mapbook.