[Geomoose-users] User id

Brian Fischer bfischer at houstoneng.com
Tue Jan 18 15:53:33 EST 2011

Sure, probably just need to document what is actually captured for user settings with the new tool and how to add it to the mapbook.
Just thinking out loud here but we almost need a page/s that describes all the tools that are in the GeoMOOSE 2.4 version. With examples on how to configure them in the mapbook and limitations/history of the tool.  Probably divide it up between client-side tools (JavaScript), like measure and Services (server-side tools) like select.
Not sure if this is better to put all on one page or separate pages dedicated to each tool/widget that is in the GeoMOOSE core code.  We already have a page for tools/widgets that are not part of the core code but are considered user extensions (http://www.geomoose.org/wiki/index.php/User_Extension).
So we really end up with 3 categories of possible tools/widgets people can use in GeoMOOSE:

1)      Tools/Widgets that are part of the core code. (http://www.geomoose.org/wiki/index.php/Documentation)

2)      Tools/Widgets that are community contributed  as user extensions (http://www.geomoose.org/wiki/index.php/User_Extension)

3)      Tools/Widgets that are community contributed as code snippets (http://www.geomoose.org/wiki/index.php/User_Tips/Code_Snippets)
Just trying to think of a way to logically organize all the possible tools/widgets so users can find them in the wiki.  Thoughts?  Probably should also start this discussion in a new thread with appropriate subject line.
Brian Fischer, CFM  GIS Manager
Houston Engineering, Inc.