[Geomoose-users] label placement for polygons

Jim Dahl jim.dahl at mail.co.douglas.mn.us
Tue Oct 25 16:41:20 EDT 2011

Thanks all, yes I was looking at the Mapserver documentation and struck out.

*         I currently have the polygons as TYPE LINE.

*         I also tried to change the TYPE ANNOTATION to line and it bombs out.

*         Position was at CC but in case of L shaped polys or two part polys, it does not label very good, because it uses bounding box.

*         POSITION AUTO works good for L shaped polys but too many labels cross the parcel boundary.

*         It would help if ANGLE FOLLOW would work but all labels are horizontal.
Suggestions are...

Jim