[Geomoose-users] Displaying each layer from a mapfile in a separate layer

Robert R. Raiz raizrobert at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 11:27:23 PDT 2013

Hello all,

@Eli Adam: yes, that is the intended way. It works, I added each layer in
the map-source with the "<layer name" param. Then,  all those again in the
the catalog section, with <layer src. I did that from the first attempt and
the result is ok, but I do not wish to do this manual process for each map
file.

The reason for my post was to learn if there is a more straightforward way
(automatically).

Because I have many map files with a lot of layers and I always need all of
them displayed to choose the best layout. I guess a little script can read
the map file and build that list for me, using a few variables.

I am new to geomoose..  I've been using Chameleon for a long time and
clearly its time is long due.

I really appreciate the support, the great documentation out there and
surely I will get back to the mailing list with more questions as I go
forward with the migration.

Kind regards,

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 8:01 PM, Eli Adam <eadam at co.lincoln.or.us> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 12:09 AM, Robert R. Raiz <raizrobert at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Well, what I would like to do, is to have all the layers from a mapfile
> on a
> > separate row in the interface (all status = on, aka checked), to be able
> > check and uncheck layers depending on what I want to see.
> >
> > I tried several options but I just did not find an easy way to accomplish
> > this without inserting each layer separately in the map-source.
>
> Does adding a map-source for each one work?  I think that is the intended
> way.
>
> Eli
>

> > No matter which layers I add in the  catalog for this reference, I still
> > have them all nested under one checkbox;
> >
> > <map-source name="county" type="mapserver">
> > <file>./test/parcels/parcels.map</file>
> > <layer name="parcels" status="on"/>
> > <param name="FORMAT" value="image/png;bits=8"/>
> > </map-source>
> >
> > Is there a way to do this?
> > --
> > Raiz Roland Robert