[Geomoose-users] GeoMoose Popups on iOS

James Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 11:07:34 PST 2016

For the record our project is mirroring a subset of our GeoMoose install
for use in the field where there is limited/intermittent cell coverage.

Right now we are prototyping with the Raspberry Pi 2 as the server acting
as a WiFi access point with with apache, postgis, ruby, and mapserver all
running well.  The biggest limitation is SD cards are a lot smaller than
the SAN drive our full install is using.  But we were able to fit the most
critical layers including one year's air photo.

Our original thought was people would use their existing laptops (which for
some policy and some technical reasons we can't reasonably install stuff
on) as the client but they mentioned using tablets might be more convenient.