[Geomoose-users] GeoMoose 3 - Select

Dan Little theduckylittle at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 18:16:59 PST 2020

I messed up two things:
1. It should be "fields" not "inputs".
2. We have not properly implemented hidden fields.

Here is the fix for 1:
    app.registerService('select', SelectService, {
        // set the default layer
        defaultLayer: 'vector-parcels/parcels',
        fields: [{
            type: 'hidden',
            name: 'layer',
            default: 'vector-parcels/parcels'
        }]
    });

And the fix for 2:
- https://github.com/geomoose/gm3/pull/461

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 5:27 PM Christopher Hughes <chughes at co.lincoln.or.us>
wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> I'm having trouble replicating this. I'm trying to modify the demo's
> select to test it and I'm not noticing any difference in the select tool.
>
> Demo:
>     app.registerService('select', SelectService, {
>         // set the default layer
>         defaultLayer: 'vector-parcels/parcels',
>     });
>
> My Attempt:
>     app.registerService('select', SelectService, {
>         // remove the layer select
>         inputs: [{
>             type: 'hidden',
>             name: 'Parcels',
>             default: 'vector-parcels/parcels'
>          }]
>     });
>
> The only change I'm noticing is that with this syntax, turning on autoGo
> and removing the select options incompatible with autoGo no longer works.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>

> On Sun, Jan 26, 2020 at 1:24 PM Dan Little <theduckylittle at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This should be settable in app.js:
>>
>>     app.registerService('my-other-select', SelectService, {
>>         // remove the layer select
>>         inputs: [{
>>             type: 'hidden',
>>             name: 'layer',
>>             default: 'source/layer'
>>          }]
>>     });
>>
>> This change removes the Select input and makes it a fixed field. You can
>> also specify that as a select with a fixed list of layers.
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 3:35 PM Christopher Hughes <
>> chughes at co.lincoln.or.us> wrote:
>>
>>> For geomoose 3, is there a way to specify which layers you can select
>>> rather than just setting
>>> the default layer and being able to select all layers you've set to be
>>> selectable? I'd like to create
>>> a select tool for each of the layers I want to select (like you can for
>>> searches), but if I do that now
>>> you'd still be able to switch to a different layer in the tool.
>>> Relatedly, is there a way to remove the
>>> 'Select from' dropdown box so it just uses the default layer you set in
>>> the service?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Chris
>>>
>>> --