[GeoNode-devel] Commiting Geonode-Project Changes to Geonome Production

Julierme Pinheiro juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com
Wed May 16 09:08:04 PDT 2018

Hi All,

I had try to commit genode-project template (index.html) changes to geonode
production installed via apt-get, but I had an issue related to the
production database. After configuring geonode.conf, I could see the
changes over geonode production templates, made through geonode-project,
however my production database would get covered / disappeared after
geonode.conf according to geonode-project WSGI.

So, I changed my approach and I installed geonode from source as in here:
http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/install_and_admin/geonode_install/

I have geonode production running in virtualenv directory "/home/geo/Envs"
and it is found in /home/geonode/my_geonode/*

I have geonode-progect in the same virtualenv directory "/home/geo/Envs"
and it is found in /home/my_geonode/my_geonode/*

I installed geonode-project as in here
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-project (Using Virtualenv)

Now, I am having the same issue, my production database "development.db" =
sqlite that is in
~/Envs/geonode/lib/python2.7/site-packages/geonode/development.db is being
covered or disappears after geonode.conf configuration.

I have granted all permissions  to development.db (-rwxrwxrw- 1 www-data
www-data 425984 Mai 14 13:40 development.db) but the issue remains and I am
unable to sign in to geonode production.

Could someone help me to figure out what is going on and get this problem
fixed? Find bellow my geonode.conf

WSGIDaemonProcess geonode
python-path=/home/my_geonode/my_geonode:/home/geo/Envs/my_geonode/lib/python2.7/site-packages
user=www-data threads=15 processes=2

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName http://localhost
    ServerAdmin webmaster at localhost
    DocumentRoot /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode

    LimitRequestFieldSize 32760
    LimitRequestLine 32760

    ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
    LogLevel warn
    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined

    WSGIProcessGroup geonode
    WSGIPassAuthorization On
    WSGIScriptAlias / /home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/wsgi.py

    Alias /static/ /home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/static_root/
    Alias /uploaded/ /home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/

    <Directory "/home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/">
         <Files wsgi.py>
             Order deny,allow
             Allow from all
             Require all granted
         </Files>

        Order allow,deny
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        Allow from all
        IndexOptions FancyIndexing
    </Directory>

    <Directory "/home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/static_root/">
        Order allow,deny
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        Allow from all
        Require all granted
        IndexOptions FancyIndexing
    </Directory>

    <Directory "/home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/thumbs/">
        Order allow,deny
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        Allow from all
        Require all granted
        IndexOptions FancyIndexing
    </Directory>

    <Directory "/home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/avatars/">
        Order allow,deny
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        Allow from all
        Require all granted
        IndexOptions FancyIndexing
    </Directory>

    <Directory
"/home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/people_group/">
        Order allow,deny
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        Allow from all
        Require all granted
        IndexOptions FancyIndexing
    </Directory>

    <Directory "/home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/group/">
        Order allow,deny
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        Allow from all
        Require all granted
        IndexOptions FancyIndexing
    </Directory>

    <Directory "/home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/documents/">
        Order allow,deny
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        Allow from all
        Require all granted
        IndexOptions FancyIndexing
    </Directory>

    <Directory "/home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/layers/">
        Order allow,deny
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        Allow from all
        Require all granted
        IndexOptions FancyIndexing
    </Directory>

    <Directory "/home/my_geonode/my_geonode/">
        Order allow,deny
        Require all granted
    </Directory>

    <Proxy *>