[GeoNode-users] installing geonode/geoserver docker image in production

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 02:29:57 PDT 2017

A question within the question: on you have physical separation of your
services?
I do not see a drawback other than increasing complexity of your setup with
mixed configurations.

Best,
Angelos

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 9:46 AM, Matteo De Stefano <matteo.destefano at nina.no
> wrote:

> Dear GeoNode community,
>

> I’m installing a 2.6 GeoNode instance in production with multi-tenancy
> (geosites) on Ubuntu server, with gunicorn and nginx. I’m custom installing
> it.
>

> The Django side is up and running now. For testing, I run it with paver in
> localhost, and everything is ok.
>

> Now only Geoserver is missing (in production). I was thinking about
> installing Geoserver using the geonode/geoserver docker image, available
> here: [1] I’m learning about docker now.
>

> My question is:
>
> Do you think it is a good idea to have GeoNode installed manually for
> production, and just Geoserver (and the data directory) as a docker image?
> Are you aware of any drawback in such approach?
>

> Thank you,
>

> Matteo
>

> [1] https://hub.docker.com/r/geonode/geoserver/
>

> *________________________________________________________________*
>
> *Matteo De Stefano*
> Data Scientist and GIS Developer
>
> *Norwegi**an Institute for Nature Research - NINA*
> Postal address: P.O.Box 5685 Sluppen, NO-7485 Trondheim, NORWAY
> Delivery/Visiting address: Høgskoleringen 9, NO-7034 Trondheim, NORWAY
>

> • Cell: +47 40645208 <+47%20406%2045%20208> •* www.nina.no
> <http://www.nina.no/>*

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member