[GeoNode-users] installing geonode/geoserver docker image in production

Stefan Steiniger sstein at geo.uzh.ch
Mon Aug 21 08:27:56 PDT 2017

just a note: I did in my opinion the mistake to have Postgres/postgis on
a second physical server instead on the same as GeoNode - the first runs
native on server 1 and GeoNode in a VM on server 2. I did this for
available disk space and backup reasons. Although the severs are next to
each other it seems to slow down things (10 MByte/sec connection). So at
least for the next setup I would not separate GeoServer and Postgis. How
a physical separation works for GeoNode and Geoserver, is a good
question (does this even work with django and accessing
html://xxx/geoserver?)

slds,
stefan