[GeoNode-users] Cannot upload shapefiles most of the time

Jeremiah Zellers jeremiah.zellers.wf0d at statefarm.com
Tue Jun 13 06:47:43 PDT 2017

This will be a little wordy so I can present what I have tried.

1)       I am using Geonode 2.6.x and GeoServer 2.1.1.0
a.      At first I was able to get the shapefiles that came preinstalled with GeoServer to upload
            To GeoNode. They already had their workspaces/stores set up ahead of time. I could NOT get shapefiles from my local system to upload. I would get a few different Errno 10061, as well as Authentication Errors. This was when I tried to upload directly from my C:\ like you can do with the GeoNode demo program.

2)      I then tried creating my own Workspace/Store/Layers through GeoServer and adding those shapefiles to GeoNode that way. I received the same errors.. despite the fact that the preinstalled GeoServer shapefiles uploaded fine.

3)      I then simply copied my shapefiles into the preinstalled GeoServer Stores where I had successfully installed from previously. This is NOT work.

4)      I uninstalled everything, reinstalled. And now I cannot even upload the preinstalled shapefiles from GeoServer like I was previously. I get Errno 10061.

   I have been trying to do this for a couple of weeks. I have tried manual Windows installations with no success. I have tried Linux installations with no success.  I would really appreciate any help you can provide.

   I should add... DOCUMENTS upload just fine................. I am profoundly confused by this.