[GeoNode-users] Geonode account registrations don't work

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 23:55:50 PDT 2017

Thanks for your feedback. It is not enabled by default because it requires
the email backend and adds some overhead. But in the geonode master branch
has been completely refactored and will probably be enabled by default in
future.

> [...]
>> uncomment notification.
>>
>> Il giorno ven 10 mar 2017 alle 23:23 Adam Lawrence <alaw005 at gmail.com>
>> ha scritto:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thank you and I like that solution better! Only problem is I still get
>>> an 500 error, and when I tried syncdb I get the following error:
>>>
>>> $ sudo geonode syncdb
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/usr/bin/django-admin.py", line 5, in <module>
>>>     management.execute_from_command_line()
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py",
>>> line 399, in execute_from_command_line
>>>     utility.execute()
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py",
>>> line 392, in execute
>>>     self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py",
>>> line 261, in fetch_command
>>>     commands = get_commands()
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py",
>>> line 107, in get_commands
>>>     apps = settings.INSTALLED_APPS
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line
>>> 54, in __getattr__
>>>     self._setup(name)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line
>>> 49, in _setup
>>>     self._wrapped = Settings(settings_module)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line
>>> 128, in __init__
>>>     mod = importlib.import_module(self.SETTINGS_MODULE)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/utils/importlib.py",
>>> line 40, in import_module
>>>     __import__(name)
>>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/settings.py",
>>> line 871, in <module>
>>>     from local_settings import *  # noqa
>>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/local_settings.py",
>>> line 110, in <module>
>>>     INSTALLED_APPS = geonode.settings.INSTALLED_APPS + ('notification',)
>>> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'settings'
>>>

>>> On 11 March 2017 at 00:45, Simone Dalmasso <simone.dalmasso at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> oh right I forgot the geonode apps. Ok discard the previous and try with
>>> this one
>>>
>>> INSTALLED_APPS = geonode.settings.INSTALLED_APPS + ('notification',)

>>> On 11 March 2017 at 00:16, Adam Lawrence <alaw005 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thank you, but unfortunately it still doesn't work. I have pasted the
>>> following into my local_sttings.py from https://github.com/GeoNod
>>> e/geonode/blob/master/geonode/settings.py but I now get a server error
>>> 500 code on all pages. I did a sudo service apache2 restart after the
>>> change but do I also need to restart something else?
>>>
>>> INSTALLED_APPS = (
>>> 'modeltranslation',
>>> # Boostrap admin theme
>>> # 'django_admin_bootstrapped.bootstrap3',
>>> 'django.contrib.contenttypes',
>>> 'django.contrib.sessions',
>>> 'django.contrib.sites',
>>> 'django.contrib.admin',