[GeoNode-users] problem with sld

Ivan Marchesini ivan.marchesini at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 09:43:47 PST 2017

Dear geonode users and developer

I apologize if this is a well known problem but browsing on Internet
(including the mailing list) I wasn't able to find a good solution

I have recently installed geonode2.6 (ubuntu, ppa) for a project where
multiple and not skilled users will be involved.

I have tried to do a couple of things:

1) I uploaded a shapefile (separate files) together with a sld file
exported from qgis. It happened to me that (i) the corresponding sld
file created in geoserver is very different from the  original one
(tipicaly the colors are lost)  and (ii) since the <Title> tag is not
present geonode is only able to show me a style called "none"

2) I uploaded a shapefile (separate files) together with a sld file
exported from udig. It happened to me that (ii) since the <Title> tag is
not present geonode is only able to show me a style called "none"

is there a way for creating a well formatted sld file for
geoserver/geonode using some desktop GIS or some other tools with a GUI?
It is very important to me since I can't ask the other colleagues to
edit directly the xml files..  they will be too much scared by that!!

thank you for your answers

Ivan