[GeoNode-users] problem with sld

Ariel Neri ariel.neriw at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 10:31:05 PST 2017

Hi, I had to adapt many complicated, hundred of clases simbology sld made
in qgis to be used in Geoserver some time ago.  I tried some programs with
no luck, so finally I changed a few things in the QGis sld file to make it
work in Geoserver.

Basically it´s just 3 steps, using the "search and replace" tool:

1-  i replaced the first line with one from an existing geoserver sld:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><sld:StyledLayerDescriptor xmlns="
http://www.opengis.net/sld" xmlns:sld="http://www.opengis.net/sld"
xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc" xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
version="1.0.0">

2- Also copy the first lines raplacing the "****" with your own

<sld:NamedLayer>

                            <sld:Name>****** </sld:Name>

                             <sld:UserStyle>

                                             <sld:Name>*****</sld:Name>

                                             <sld:Title>******</sld:Title>

 <sld:Abstract>******</sld:Abstract>

                                             <sld:FeatureTypeStyle>

<sld:Name>name</sld:Name>
and do the same with the closings

                                               </sld:FeatureTypeStyle>

                               </sld:UserStyle>

                </sld:NamedLayer>

</sld:StyledLayerDescriptor>

3- Use the search and replace tool: replace    “<se:”  and   “</se:”
with “<sld:
(…)”  and  “</sld: (…)” respectivly. And replace  “SvgParameter” with
“CssParameter”

Sorry if i don´t use correct vocabulary, i´m not so much into coding,
neather into english language.
A co-worker made a script to do the steps before automatically with RStudio
and made it even simpler for me.

This was a good enough work-around for me and solved my problem. Probably
now there´s a better way (i hope so). I share anyway in case it helps you.