[GeoNode-users] Theming Geonode

Julierme Pinheiro juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 13:48:28 PDT 2018

Hi Geonode contributers and developers,

Going back to a previous recommendations made by Tony Schonbuchner and
Alessio Fabiane about Theming Geonode.

 https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-project

Then the rest should be basic Django.
- create your app
- create your view
- create your template
- create your urls.py
- add it to your settings file
- and add it to project urls.py

http://geonode.org/dev-workshop/#/ *

Adding to Toni details,
once you have been able to setup you geonode-project (see the README on how
to do that), you should be able to add tabs by modifying this file here

https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-project/blob/2.8.0/projec
t_name/templates/site_base.html

Just remove the {% comment %} / {% endcomment %} keywrods to enable the
code and update the <li> accordingly.

Said that, I did the following based in here
http://geonode.org/dev-workshop/#/3/2 :

 1 - I created a virtualenv <geonode-virtualenv> in
(/etc/julierme_virtualenv/)

 2 - I executed  django-admin.py startproject geonode-project --template=
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-project/archive/2.8.0.zip -epy,rst.

 3 - I activated geonode-virtualenv and ran:

               pip install -e geonode-project

Now I have:

1 -  geonode  in ( /etc/geonode/templates and
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode )  #installed via apt-get#

2 -  geonode-project in /etc/julierme_virtualenv/geonode-virtualenv/
#Installed according to here http://geonode.org/dev-workshop/#/3/2#

I got confused in here (http://geonode.org/dev-workshop/#/3/3):

   - cd geonode && paver start_geoserver
   - cd ../my_geonode && python manage.py runserver

*You can wrap this in a simple executable .sh script*

*Should I have two .sh files ( one for cd geonode && paver start_geoserver
and other for cd ../my_geonode && python manage.py runserver) ? if so,
where should them be stored? If one .sh file, where should it be stored?*

*Thank you for your time in advance*

*I appreciated your time and patience.*

*Kind Regards*

*Julierme Pinheiro*