[GeoNode-users] how to make multiple overlay name (Handy Rusydi)

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 08:16:41 PST 2018

Hi Toni and Handy

the WorldMap client implements this (and many other things, most
notably a layer graduated style editor and a gazetteer:
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/3718).

You can look at a working map using this client here (in this case we
are still using old GeoNode): http://worldmap.harvard.edu/boston/

Handy, feel free to register to it and create some test map in our
WorldMap live instance to see if that is what you are looking for. In
which case you may want to use the worldmap-client, I added some
instructions here (which at this point may be a bit old and require
and update): http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/reference/worldmap.html

Keep in mind that this requires PostGIS as a backend for now. Also, it
works well only in latest master (GeoNode 2.10). It is possible to
avoid the hypermap thing by setting the USE_HYPERMAP setting to False.

Hope this helps
best
Paolo

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 5:19 AM Toni Schönbuchner
<toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de> wrote:

> Hi Handy,
>
> I´ve thought again about your request. I more or less sure that other viewers
> have not implemented this feature as well. To sort or group your layers in a map
> the grouping information has to be saved somewhere in the DB. Looking at the models
> I cannot spot some field to store this information. (Devs please correct me if I´m wrong).
> I think what´s currentlky happening is that the tree is build from a request against the api:
> f.e.: http://master.demo.geonode.org/api/layers
>
> So if you need this feature a new github issue should be the the best choice.
>
> cheers,
>
> Toni
>
> Am 20.11.2018 um 23:54 schrieb Handy Rusydi <handy at galerigis.com>:
>
> Thanks Toni for your reply,
>
> I have upload my expected looks in layer preview. In untitled.png is my expected result.
>
> Regards
>
> Handy
>>

> <Untitled1.png><Untitled.png>

Paolo Corti