[GeoNode-users] Geonode/Geoserver upgrade

Emere Arco emere.arco at polito.it
Wed Nov 8 06:39:27 PST 2023

Dear all,

On the university server we have installed a Geonode 3.2.2 (with Geoserver 2.18).

The GARR (the provider that connects the universities) has reported a vulnerability on our server and asks us to act accordingly. The vulnerabilities are:

  *
CVE-2022-24816<https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2022-24816>
  *
CVE-2023-25157<https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2023-25157>

It is my understanding that an update of the Geoserver version is required to solve the second vulnerability.

Unfortunately I'm not very experienced in Geonode/Geoserver installation but I imagine that upgrading Geoserver requires a new installation/upgrade of Geonode as well.
I wanted to know if it is possible to upgrade just Geoserver (and if there are any guides available for data migration) or if it is necessary to upgrade and reinstall Geonode entirely (and if so what are the best practices to adopt).

Thank you in advance for your support.
Kind regards,

Emere Arco
Polytechnic of Turin - DIST Dep. - SDG11Lab<https://www.dist.polito.it/en/the_department/laboratory/sdg11lab>