[Geoprisma-dev] maxextent on OSM

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Tue Aug 31 13:22:51 EDT 2010

Yves,

Ok, it would seem that defining a 'maxExtent' option to the
OpenLayers.Map object automatically set the maxExtent of the layers
added, but not the XYZ (OSM) ones.  They are automatically calculated
and ignore the one from the map.

I guess that adding the 'maxExtent' property to the layer should do the
trick (currently not supported in GeoPrisma), but how come it doesn't I
don't know.  This question should be asked to OpenLayers-Users ML I guess.

Regards,

Alexandre

On 10-08-31 12:09 PM, Yves Moisan wrote:
>  Le 2010-08-31 11:02, Alexandre Dube a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>>   Could you please create a patch containing your changes showing the
>> issue and attach it to this thread ?
> Just replace :
>
> <!--maxextent>-20037508.34,-20037508.34,20037508.34,20037508.34</maxextent-->
>
> <maxextent>11548635,-5889094,18604187,-597430</maxextent>
>
> in config-google.xml and you'll see Google will center in on
> Australia.  If you then click on the OSM layer, it will also show
> zoomed in on Australia.  The problem occurs when you do the following :
>
> put the layer <layername>LYROSM</layername> as the first to draw (so
> that the OSM layer is the default baselayer showing on load)
>
> Switching the layer position in the layertree has no effect.  It's
> really when the OSM layer is drawn first that the problem occurs.  I
> wonder if the problem is with the OSM layer constructor we use in GP.
>
> Funnily enough, if you try drawing a Yahoo or Google layer first, the
> initial zoom will show Australia centered.  If you put a Bing layer as
> the 1st layer to draw, the image will be zoomed in but Australia will
> show on the right-hand side.  Putting the OSM layer first shows no
> zoom at all.  Weird ...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Yves
>

>> Alexandre