[Graphics] Improve icon set

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 19:12:45 PDT 2017

Okay from reviewing the repo you are mostly focused on actions, usually
using a object (map,layer,database,island) and verb (edit, copy, import,
etc...).
Do you have some kind of style guide (see eclipse ui design section
<https://wiki.eclipse.org/User_Interface_Guidelines#Style_.26_Design>)  for
consistency? I noticed inconsistence use of 3D between map, layer, pg,
etc... I also found the

You asked for opinion and proposals. One thought is make a common
vocabulary of objects (metaphors) and actions (overlays) and then either
consider how to apply them consistently, or consider how to adapt for each
platforms user interface guidelines (if you wanted the application to look
correct on linux, windows, macos). Platforms in particular often dictate
the visual representation of actions such as add, create, remove, delete.

--
Jody Garnett