[GRASS5] TINs as 3D vectors

Pieter Bos pbos at itc.nl
Thu Apr 14 06:16:18 EDT 2005

There is no possibility of creating 3D-vectors from v.delaunay directly.
We are currently implementing a system for vague regions in GRASS that
uses triangulations with 3D vectors, and have linked Triangle to GRASS.
Triangle is a much faster and memory efficient delaunay triangulation
with support for constraints. See
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~quake/triangle.html for more information.

As soon as everything is done we'll release a few useful GRASS modules,
including this better Delaunay triangulation and the 2D alpha-shape
algorithm, and perhaps some 2D visualization of TINs which might be
useful as a general module with some slight modifications. If you need
it now I can send you the module.

Regards,

Pieter Bos