[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 development started

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Aug 3 13:06:33 EDT 2008

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > > Mhh, sounds like quite some work.
> >
> > Not really:
>
> So, to summarize: the indentation is safe,
> when
> - applying indent to all .c and .h
>
> but reverting
> - imagery/i.atcorr/*.h
> - gui/wxpython/nviz/*.h
> - gui/wxpython/vdigit/*.h
> - raster/r.terraflow/*.h
> - raster/r.terraflow/IOStream/include/*.h
>
> Right?

Right.

> Technical question: I feel several developers here yet ignore this heavy impact
> change. Should I post a diff first? Or announce a date (which?) and submit then?

A diff could be up to twice as large as the entire source tree; the
only code which won't change is anything which already happens to use
the chosen formatting style.

As for providing notice, 24 hours should be enough. Anyone who is
without email access is probably also without SVN access, so they
shouldn't have outstanding local modifications (and even if they have,
resolving any conflicts shouldn't be hard, given that it's only
formatting).

Currently, the most actively-modified code is in Python and C++, which
won't be affected by the formatting changes.