[GRASS-dev] Re: include wxgrass or not in 6.3.0

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 23:22:32 EST 2008

Michael Barton wrote:
> I (and a few students here) are using the wxPython GUI as is right
> now, without worrying about issues 1-5. I agree that these should be
> fixed. I guess I don't see them as a hold up to including it in
> 6.3.0.

I am not worried *at all* about the actual coding quality, just that
big parts of it (from the users' perspective) still seem be in flux.
(ie the name, how to start it, how to build it)

Will we see dozens of "why doesn't vdigit compile?" questions unless
trac #38 is done?

> But I'd like to see it more widely tested,
> I'd just like to see it available for those who want to give it a
try.

Sure, I think that two of the three primary goals for 6.3.x will be
widespread beta testing of the wxGUI and the native MS-windows build.
The third goal would be to get all the new features since 6.2.0 out to
the hungry masses for testing.

> FWIW, isues 1-3, and 5 can be dealt with in an hour or 2 with the
> SVN.

Right.

Hamish