[GRASS-dev] i.landsat.toar to be included in Grass7

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 03:23:35 EDT 2010

Yann wrote:
> I would like to include i.landsat.toar in GRASS7.
> I believe this will bring the necessary complement to
> i.atcorr and the subsequent i.albedo/i.vi/etc that are part
> of the chain processing of Landsat.

I'd like to see i.landsat.acca (cloud masks) travel along with
it too.

> Is there anybody maintaining it these days?

Yes, Jorge and I have been working on getting it ready recently,
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/log/grass-addons/imagery/i.landsat.toar

The grass7 patch is out of date now- to avoid wasted work I was
waiting until the grass6 version settled down before recutting
that.

> I would be happy to do the necessary to include it in GRASS
> 7. In the future, I would also like to remove from
> GRASS-ADDONS the i.dn2* modules that mostly are included into
> i.landsat.toar but for the .MTL metadata format of some types
> of Landsat 5 imagery (I checked the landsat_met.c in
> i.landsat.toar and believe it is feasible to transfer the .MTL
> parsing code across eventually).

as long as functionality is retained and differences between the
output of the two modules are for known reasons, I don't mind
i.dn2* being "merged" into i.landsat.toar. I don't think that
getting the L5 glovis MTL metadata files to read in i.landsat.toar
will be too hard, as the L7 versions of the same work ok already.
The process of making it more robust will take a while though, and
the hardcoded file length stuff in .toar probably has to go away.

thanks,
Hamish