[GRASS-dev] GRASS Teams on GitHub

Ondřej Pešek pesej.ondrek at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 00:35:06 PST 2024

Sweet devs,

Looking at the GitHub teams within the OSGeo organisation [1], it is
impossible not to notice the fact that the GRASS people are very good
in making themselves visible through visual weed infestation. On one
side, it is nice to see GRASS all over the dance floor; on the other
one, I don't find it particularly polite to storm the org and see that
GRASS owns 11 OSGEO's teams out of 24 in the overview (11 out of 26 in
total).

Wouldn't it be better to follow the example of GDAL instead? Creating
only one master team (grass) and then 11 child teams (grass-write,
grass-addons-write, ...)? It would make the org team overview much
cleaner. Also, you could see all grass child teams' members in one
place.

In the name of New GitHub Order,
Ondrej

PS: I also believe that we should reduce the number of GRASS teams and
consolidate some (grass-addons-subversion-committers ->
grass-addons-write) but I guess this is for another and much more
contentious discussion.