[STATSGRASS] GRASS 6 beta and R

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Wed Jan 26 15:19:25 EST 2005

I'm trying to use the R interface from the GRASS 6 beta.

When initializing the system with
G <- gmeta()

I get the following error:
Error in gmeta() : Bad or no region for current mapset

If I use the command
G <- gmeta(FALSE), or G <- gmeta("r.region -p")
there is no error message, but then when I try to do something like:

suffield <- rast.get(G, rlist=c("dem.30m", "birdsites_buffer_rast"), catlabels=as.logical(c(F,T)))
Error in rast.get(G, rlist = c("dem.30m", "birdsites_buffer_rast"), catlabels = as.logical(c(F,  :
        region for current mapset l
run "g.region"

This occurs.

The R interface runs fine from GRASS 5.4, but not from the 6 beta. Has something changed that broke this?

Is there a way I can fix it, or do I need to run this only from 5.4.

Thanks for your assistance.

Trevor Wiens
twiens at interbaun.com