[STATSGRASS] GSTAT 2.4.3 compile problem with GRASS 5.4

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Mar 15 15:17:00 EST 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Thomas Adams wrote:

> I am having GSTAT 2.4.3 compile problems with GRASS 5.4. When
> configuring gstat for compilation I use:
>
> ./configure --with-grass=/awips/rep/lx/local_apps/grass-build
>
> The GRASS 5.4 lib & include directories are located in
> /awips/rep/lx/local_apps/grass-build, but I notice when gstat is being
> configured for compilation, I get:
>
> checking for G_gisinit in -lgrass_gis... no
> checking for G_gisinit in -lgis... no

Edzer: is this related to 5.4.0 going just shared? That only the *.so are
in build/dist*/lib? On grass5, Glynn asked on Sunday:

"I think that the point is that binary distributions should always
include the libraries regardless of whether they are shared or static.
IIRC, we currently only include the libraries if they are shared
libraries.