[STATSGRASS] problem with RdbiPgSQL c.d.

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Wed Aug 30 14:09:56 EDT 2006

Roger Bivand napisa?(a):
> On Sun, 27 Aug 2006, Jarek Jasiewicz wrote:
>

>> on R, soon after I instaled sgeostat Rdbi cannot be loaded with message:
>>

> Not sgeostat, but probably version conflict in Rdbi. Please include the
> output of sessionInfo() after loading sgeostat, and any information you
> can see from the DESCRIPTION file in the directory with the installed Rdbi
> about builds and versions.
>

>>> library(Rdbi)

>> Error in loadNamespace(package, c(which.lib.loc, lib.loc), keep.source = keep.source) :
>>         cyclic name space dependencies are not supported
>> Error: package 'Rdbi' could not be loaded
>> Error: .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'Rdbi'
>> Error: package 'Rdbi' could not be loaded
>>

>> erlier Rdbi worked fine
>>
>> regards
>> jarek

Unfortunatly the problem is NOT solved..

The problem concering only RdbiPgSQL. sgeostat has no inlfluence... I
did the following:

1) install R (2.3.1 from source)
2) install spgrass6, from your instruciton
3) install RdbiPgSQL according Marcus instruction

all successed.

4) I load RdbiPgSQL library(RdbiPgSQL)... All OK

5) do something... (lada data, manipulate and so on...
6 leave R without saving workspace
7) start R again load RdbiPgSQL ...All OK
8)do something (some objects are created) and leave R WITH SAVING workspace

9) load R again - ls() ...previous objects exit
10) try to load library(RdbiPgSQL): error

Error in loadNamespace(package, c(which.lib.loc, lib.loc), keep.source = keep.source) :
        cyclic name space dependencies are not supported
Error: package 'Rdbi' could not be loaded
Error: .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'Rdbi'
Error: package 'Rdbi' could not be loaded

...and of course no function Rdbi works

11)Again remove .Rdata from $home directory
12)start R again and library(RdbiPgSQL) works nice

so i thing some problem is with R workspace and information stored within.

Here is th "working" session info

Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01)
i686-pc-linux-gnu

attached base packages:
[1] "methods" "stats" "graphics" "grDevices" "utils" "datasets"
[7] "tcltk" "base"

other attached packages:
spgrass6 rgdal maptools foreign gstat sp RdbiPgSQL Rdbi
"0.3-1" "0.4-8" "0.5-12" "0.8-15" "0.9-31" "0.8-18" "1.7.2" "1.7.0"

Regards
Jarek Jasiewicz