[STATSGRASS] problem with RdbiPgSQL c.d.

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Aug 30 15:00:16 EDT 2006

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Jarek Jasiewicz wrote:

> Roger Bivand napisa?(a):
> > On Sun, 27 Aug 2006, Jarek Jasiewicz wrote:
> >

> >> on R, soon after I instaled sgeostat Rdbi cannot be loaded with message:
> >>

> > Not sgeostat, but probably version conflict in Rdbi. Please include the
> > output of sessionInfo() after loading sgeostat, and any information you
> > can see from the DESCRIPTION file in the directory with the installed Rdbi
> > about builds and versions.

> >> Error in loadNamespace(package, c(which.lib.loc, lib.loc), keep.source = keep.source) :
> >>         cyclic name space dependencies are not supported
> >> Error: package 'Rdbi' could not be loaded
> >> Error: .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'Rdbi'
> >> Error: package 'Rdbi' could not be loaded
> >>

> >> erlier Rdbi worked fine
> >>
> >> regards
> >> jarek

> Unfortunatly the problem is NOT solved..
>
> The problem concering only RdbiPgSQL. sgeostat has no inlfluence... I
> did the following:
>
> 1) install R (2.3.1 from source)
> 2) install spgrass6, from your instruciton
> 3) install RdbiPgSQL according Marcus instruction
>
> all successed.
>
> 4) I load RdbiPgSQL library(RdbiPgSQL)... All OK
>
> 5) do something... (lada data, manipulate and so on...
> 6 leave R without saving workspace
> 7) start R again load RdbiPgSQL ...All OK
> 8)do something (some objects are created) and leave R WITH SAVING workspace

Yes, this is the smoking gun. Please consider asking the Rdbi maintainer
who seems to be jzhang at jimmy.harvard.edu about this.

I would first try to use the versions from
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/1.8/bioc/ - I don't know why Markus
has 1.9, they are for R 2.4, not 2.3, because there is a major
discontinuity in object defintions between 2.3 and 2.4, which may be being
picked up when a package prepared for 2.4 tries to read an object saved
under 2.3.

Markus - was there a reason for writing 1.9? The change in object
structure is very recent, and another one happened today - 2.4 is changing
fast at the moment.

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no