[STATSGRASS] gstat: problem with prediction value at point location

Edzer J. Pebesma e.pebesma at geo.uu.nl
Mon Jan 22 15:11:25 EST 2007

This is a well-known property of kriging if locations coincide exactly:
if measured, the best estimate is the measurement itself. It's also
cause of the problem that you can't have duplicate observations in
kriging. Even with a nugget, gamma(0)=0. You may want to shift your
points or your grid e.g. a few centimeters to get rid of it.
--
Edzer