[GRASS-stats] Incompatible library version for module SOLVED but new problem with plugin=TRUE has emerged

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Jan 3 01:54:06 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Jarek Jasiewicz <jarekj at amu.edu.pl> wrote:
> Markus Neteler pisze:
>> 2009/1/2 Jarek Jasiewicz <jarekj at amu.edu.pl>:
>>> In fact I didn't use R for two month so maybe I lost something but  after
>>>  compilation of grass 6.4 svn I tiried to read raster I recive the
>>> following:
>>
>> I assume that you did not run
>>  make distclean
>> to compile GRASS (see below).
>>
> Thanks for ansver but unfortunately I always do makedistclean in grass
> before compilation
>
> addationaly I simply did:
>
> gdalinfo /home/jarekj/grassdata/Polska/PERMANENT/cellhd/Polska
> ERROR:Incompatible library version for module
>
> Here is the problem
>
> so not the GRASS but grass-gdal plugin must to be recompiled. I think it is
> not intended because plugin was created for to not compile gdal everytime
> grass has ben recompiled
>
> I ecompiled plugin, it and everthing is OK

Good to know that. Perhaps report this to the plugin author (GDAL team)
if it is really a problem. I never had it.

> But the issue with plugin which emerged is as follows:
>
> r=readRAST6("Polska", plugin=FALSE)
>
> Exporting raster as integer values (bytes=2)

[This msg indicates that the old mechanism of the R extension
is used.]

> Using the current region settings...
> north=804414.520000
> south=137864.430000
> east=865559.620000
> west=180375.670000
> r=1333
> c=1370
> 100%
>

> It is OK, my region settings are included
>
> ra=readRAST6("Polska", plugin=TRUE)
> /home/data/grassdata/Polska/PERMANENT/cellhd/Polska has GDAL driver GRASS
> and has 21601 rows and 18001 columns
>
> it is also OK because original map is rather big
>
> next were eror due to file size
>
> but this means that plugin ignores current region setings!

Yes. That's why I suggested to implement r.out.gdal usage
in the GRASS-R extension time ago (see this list archive,
date	Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 9:40 PM
subject	Re: [GRASS-stats] Speedup of readVECT6() with plugin
).

There is a "plugin" switch which you set to plugin=TRUE, perhaps
it needs to be FALSE to make use of the better + faster r.out.gdal
which would solve your problem as it is resolution/region sensitive.

I didn't try the GRASS-R extension for a while. Definitely you need
a fresh version of the GRASS-R extension.

Markus