[GRASS-stats] "g.region: command not found" using readRAST6 command

Tim Holland timothyholland at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 04:11:57 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm sorry to keep making so much noise on the list for what I'm sure are
basic questions.

I am having trouble loading in a GRASS raster into R using the readRAST6
command.

Using:
>readRAST6("rasterMap",mapset="/Users/etc/my_mapset")

I get the following error:
>Error in if (file.exists(file) == FALSE) if (!missing(asText) && asText ==
:
  argument is of length zero
>Error in parseGRASS(cmd) : g.region not parsed
>sh: g.region: command not found

Is there something I am doing wrong here?

Also, when I am working with spgrass6 in general, should I have my working
directory set to the GRASS DBase I am using, or does that matter?

Thank you for the help,
Tim

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.9.2 (2009-08-24)
i386-apple-darwin8.11.1

locale:
en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] spgrass6_0.6-9 XML_2.6-0      rgdal_0.6-12   sp_0.9-44

[1] grid_2.9.2      lattice_0.17-25