[GRASS-stats] "g.region: command not found" using readRAST6 command

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 14:12:37 EDT 2009

Tim Holland wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Thank you very much for the help.  In the end, my problem was more
> basic than Augustin's suggestion.  Starting R from within GRASS was
> basically all I needed to do.  Also, Roger, thank you for the
> 'pre-emptive' help with your comment about setting 'plugin=FALSE':
> sure enough, when I tried without that command, I got the following
> and R exited:
>
> > x<-readRAST6("GLC2000_Landcover_SEAsia")
> ERROR: Incompatible library version for module. You need to rebuild GRASS
>        or untangle multiple installations.
>
> But it worked fine with plugin=FALSE.

AFAIK this indicates in this case that the GRASS-GDAL plugin is out of sync
with GRASS. Rebuilding the plugin should help.

Background:
- first compile GDAL without GRASS support
- then compile GRASS (needs GDAL)
- then compile the GRASS-GDAL plugin (needs GDAL and GRASS)
- use R

Hope this helps,
Markus