[GRASS-stats] Error rgrass7 using readRAST()

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Mar 18 08:32:39 PDT 2015

On Wed, 18 Mar 2015, Francesco Tonini wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am testing rgrass7 and trying to read a single raster file calling R from
> GRASS. I am using the function readRAST(). Currently, this return a
> SpatialGridDataFrame R object but it seems to have a bug when reading the
> correct number of observations. In my case the input raster is 100 x 100 so
> it should have 10,000 observations (ncell). Instead, readRAST() read 100 x
> 101 with 10,100 observations. Did anybody encounter this issue or know what
> it could be caused by?
> I can send over my input raster if that helps to test on your machines.

Please make an archive file of (parts of) your location, including all the
upper-level files, but maybe excluding other data than the raster file in
question. In the packaged location, the same problem should occur. Put the
archive file somewhere from which it can be downloaded. I'll take a look.

Roger