[GRASS-stats] GRASS can't find R packages from personal library on Windows

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Wed Nov 23 13:56:03 PST 2016

Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote
> if we let %HOME% untouched, the easiest way may be
> (similar as we already do it with Rstudio:
> IF EXIST "%ProgramFiles%\RStudio\bin\rstudio.exe" set
> PATH=%PATH%;%ProgramFiles%\RStudio\bin)
>
> - check if there is C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\R
> - if yes, set R_USER=C:\Users\hkmyr\Documents
>
> so the most common cases of private R libraries should be covered.
>
> any comments/objections for this change?

after some testing on win7, win8, win10, I've committed:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-commit/2016-November/040769.html

New Revision: 69883

Modified:
   grass/trunk/mswindows/env.bat
Log:
set R_USER if %USERPROFILE%\Documents\R\ exists to catch most common cases
of private R libraries in windows

it should catch at least the common cases where personal libraries are
located in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\R\

please test the next standalone winGRASS7.3.svn daily builds
(https://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass73/x86_64/ or
https://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass73/x86/).

if it works, it should be backported to the standalone winGRASS7.0.x and the
upcoming winGRASS7.2.

-----
best regards
Helmut