GRASS on SGI

Justin Hickey jhickey at impact1.hpcc.nectec.or.th
Thu Jul 30 04:04:55 EDT 1998

Hi Stephan

I have compiled the old Grass 4.1 code on an SGI IRIX 5.3 machine, and I have
compiled the old floating point code (the base code for Grass 5.0) on an SGI
IRIX64 6.2 machine in both 32 bit and 64 bit modes. Unfortunately, we do not
have an IRIX 6.4 machine and I have never compiled the Grass 4.2.1 code on an
SGI. However, I saved all the warnings and error messages that I encountered in
the two compiles above, as well as the changes I made to fix them (even the
warnings - I'm picky about clean compiles). Perhaps between the two of us, we
can get your version compiled. I'm willing to look at any errors you get to see
if they correspond to those that I had, and we can also compare header files,
etc if you want.

I suggest we switch this thread to private e-mail unless there are others
trying to compile Grass on an SGI that could benefit by our discussions.

Let me know what you think.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th