[GRASSLIST:8945] Re: make a x, y, z map

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Tue Nov 8 21:40:06 EST 2005

Tiago, I think you need to have a location to import your map into with
v.in.ascii.  Otherwise, where is that map going to be imported?  Once
you have a location set up, you can then import your text file.

Hope this helps,
Ian

On Nov 8, 2005, at 5:34 PM, Tiago Salgueiro wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've fedora 3 and grass60 installed.
>
> With this text file called teste:
>
> x	y	z
> 1	1	1
> 2	2	3
> 3	3	4
> 4	4	2
> 5	5	1
>

> how can I make the correspondent map? I tried run grass but ask me to
> create a location and I don't want to do that.
> I just want to use the command :
>
>> $ v.in.ascii -z input=/home/tiago/teste output=teste_out format=point
> fs=tab skip=1 columns='x double precision, y double precision, z
> double >
> precision, cat int' \ x=1 y=2 z=3 cat=0
>
> Thanks!

> Cumprimentos/Best Regards,
>
> Tiago Salgueiro
> Nº1010664

What happens if a big asteroid hits Earth? Judging from realistic
simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we
can assume it will be pretty bad.
  - Dave Barry