[GRASS-user] GTiff export

Raffaele Morelli raffaele.morelli at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 11:05:11 EST 2006

Hi,

I got two raster files imported in Grass using r.in.gdal, one represents a
dem, the other is a "drape". (the files originated from ArcGIS)
I am setting up a WebGis app (apache, mapserver, php_mapscript) and need a
tiff layer to represent elevation and have a image background to put my
vectors/points on.

I tried to export the dem file with r.out.gdal, but I obtain something
similar to a negative a b/w image with no colors!
Tried several 'createopt' but still with no success.
With Grass6.2 everything looks fine.

Whats' wrong? Should I merge the two raster files first?
I am not a "GIS geek" so any kind of help will be appreciate.

thanx
raffaele