[GRASS-user] lidar data - nnbathy x bspline

Roberto Antolin roberto at geomatica.como.polimi.it
Fri Jan 19 10:45:47 EST 2007

Hi Carlos and all,

> I am trying to recreate a DEM some Italian researchers made, and they
> used a 0.33m resolution. I tried 0.25m just to see what would happen.
>
> Vesuvius Volcano, 2.5m resolution (you can see that there are still
> some artifacts)

Is this dataset available? I would like to do some test too. Although,
those are intrinsic features to the interpolation method (dividing the
whole zone into smaller regions) and shaded relief maps (as aspect
maps), I'm afraid, I was wondering whether they could be reduced.

If this is not possible, I'll try to give you a better explanation about
why they are produced.

Regards,
Roberto.

--
Roberto Antolín Sánchez
Politecnico di Milano – Polo Regionale di Como
email: roberto.antolin at polimi.it