[GRASS-user] Problem with slope modeling .

Radomir dod.mort at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 16:03:43 EDT 2007

Hi all,
I'm preparing the slope and elevation map from digitised isolines.
I'm using v.surf.rst to do that with the following options:

v.surf.rst input="izolinie_punkty" layer=1 zcolumn="wysokosc_m_npm"
dmax=3.174812 dmin=0.634962 elev="mapa_wystaw" slope="mapa_spadk"
maskmap="maska" zmult=1.0 tension=40. segmax=40 npmin=300

The screenshot from small part of resulting map is here:
http://mort.no-ip.org/screen.png

On this screen you can see the valley in the center. I expect that the
slope between two isolines on the bottom of the valley will be similar.
But it is changing and gives an effect of "wave" between isolines. Those
"waves" cause the unexpected results in LS factor.

I was trying to manipulate with the tension and smoothness but without
visible results.

What should I change to calculate better slope model?? Any help with
understanding will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Radomir

--