[GRASS-user] Algorithm in flow direction

Annalisa Minelli annagrass6 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 04:48:10 EST 2009

Hi Margherita..
time ago I worked on the "threshold problem".. just because there's not a
default value for this parameter, there's a study inside the value this
parameter has to assume.. and various theories.. I worked on the Broscoe
Theory (1959) and produced a module (you can find it into the addons) called
r.broscoe.sh that: executes r.watershed for some values of threshold,
applies some statistical tests and defines the best threshold through the
examinated threshold values..
this is not THE way to approach the problem.. but ONE way to do it.. if you
want you can try..:-)
you can read more about it downloading the GRASS meeting slides here:
http://www.grassmeeting2008.unipg.it/?q=node/9 (file: Cencetti et alii).

Hope this helps!

Annalisa