[GRASS-user] Re: Table is not created with vector map

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Sat Aug 21 12:45:56 EDT 2010

On 08/18/2010 01:39 PM, LeeDaniel wrote:
> Alright, I've run the same test again with the same raster after having
> deleted my mapset and importing it again into another location. I've read a
> lot in the forums about coor files being too large and it seems that my
> hypothesis of the vector being too large is completely invalid. Here some
> additional info:
>
> When I use v.build I get the same error:
> Coor files of vector map<homogeneous_areas at PERMANENT>  is larger than it
> should be (94546466 bytes excess)
>
> Nonetheless, v.build runs to the end.
> Trying to add a column after running v.build gives me the same problem. I
> get the following message:
> Coor files of vector map<homogeneous_areas at PERMANENT>  is larger than it
> should be (94546466 bytes excess)
> Coor files of vector map<homogeneous_areas at PERMANENT>  is larger than it
> should be (94546466 bytes excess)
> Coor files of vector map<homogeneous_areas at PERMANENT>  is larger than it
> should be (94546466 bytes excess)
> DBMI-DBF driver error:

Hi Daniel:
I've lost the train of your specific problem, so this suggestion might
be "off the wall" but you might try switching to an sqlite database
rather than dbf files. Sqlite, I believe, handles large tables better,
and it has a richer set of SQL compatible query options, etc.
That's done with the db.connect command

--
Micha Silver
Arava Development Co. +972-52-3665918