[GRASS-user] keyError: 'version' g.extension grass7 ubuntu 14.04

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 09:03:44 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Carmine Massarelli <
carmine.massarelli at ba.irsa.cnr.it> wrote:

>  Dear all,
> I have installed Grass 7 on Ubuntu 14.04.
> I am trying to access to repository
> http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass7/ it but unfortunately i
> received this error massage that I posted entirely.
>
> *Unable to load extensions. Traceback (most recent call last):*
> *File "/usr/lib/grass70/scripts/g.extension", line 1084, in <module>*
> *version = grass.version()['version'].split('.')*
> *KeyError: 'version'*
>

> How did you installed GRASS 7? There is some long term issue in GRASS from
repositories and g.version command. Try to run there two commands in the
terminal:

g.gisenv set=DEBUG=5
g.version -rge

and post the output here.

The older discussion is here:

[GRASS-user] g.extension
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2014-January/069703.html

I would be glad if somebody else from the developers would look at this
issue because I'm not sure how to proceeded because I'm not getting the
error.

>  Someone could help me?

The workaround is to compile GRASS yourself. It is not so difficult,
although it might be challenging for the first time.

GRASS Wiki: Compile and Install Ubuntu
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install_Ubuntu

[GRASS-dev] Updates of wiki page for compiling on Ubuntu
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2014-June/069334.html
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2014-June/069371.html

[GRASS-dev] G7: OGSF compilation error on Ubuntu 14.04
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2014-June/069704.html

Write here if you will have problems with this.

Vaclav

Thanks

Carmine