[winGRASS] error opening terminal: xterm

Bo Zhu bzhu5 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 15:44:26 EDT 2001

I am using a Pentium PC with Cygwin and XFREE86 with

When I open Grass in XWin, the error message "Error
opening terminal: xterm" appears.  I'm not sure what
the problem is.  However, I can open Grass on cygwin,
the text-only version.

I have also tried Starnet's XWin32 5.1.  But it
wouldn't open.  When I clicked "Show message", it
"-screen 0 1024x768x16 -whitepixel 255 -blackpixel 0:
invalid session"

I would the GUI interface for Grass.  Can anyone help?

-Bo Zhu

Do You Yahoo!?