[winGRASS] trouble with d.mon

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Jan 9 12:55:37 EST 2004

Ed Davison wrote:

> I have installed grass on Cygwin with the install script and have
> successfully started GRASS.
>
> I am now trying to start a monitor with 'd.mon start=x0' using X-Win X
> Server and get the following error:
>
> Dialog Box:
> Title: XDRIVER.exe - Unable To Locate Component
> Content: This application has failed to start because libX11.dll was not
> found. Re-installing the applicatoi may fix this problem.
> Button: OK

1. You need libX11.dll; this isn't included in the GRASS package, and
it probably won't be included with X-Win32 either. It is included with
the Cygwin XFree86 packages (in the XFree86-bin package).

2. DLLs need to be in the current path. You may need to modify
/etc/profile and add /usr/X11R6/bin to PATH.