AW: [winGRASS] Installing with WinGRASS cd

marco.lechner marco.lechner at geographie.uni-freiburg.de
Sat Apr 23 07:12:39 EDT 2005

Hi John and WinGRASSers,

what John found out is correct, well it's not possible to install grass6.0
and grass6.1 parallel from the CD, because of a conflict in the
gdal-grass-Versions. IMHO it's not useful to install grass6.0, because a lot
of changes were done in the first 2 weeks after grass6.0 was out. Those
changes were especially cygwin-relevant (using the Internet Explorer for the
Helpsystem, .). This is the CVS-Version when the install-CD was created.
Therefore use the grass6.1.cvs from the CD (if you want to install
CygwinGRASS this way) and be happy with it ;-) That's also the reason why
grass.6.1.cvs is chosen as default installation during the
CD-Installations-routine.

By the way - thanks John for giving really detailed
Installation-informations - I just didn't have the time (that's why the
how-to-install-pdf is still from an old version)

Marco

Marco Lechner

Department of Physical Geography

Werderring 4